SkinPen Microneedling, the only FDA cleared device
What if you could have better-looking skin — safely, affordably, and quickly? You can with SkinPen, the first FDA-cleared microneedling device.
What Is SkinPen?
SkinPen is an automated, non-surgical microneedling device that creates microchannels to stimulate the body’s natural healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. SkinPen is the first microneedling device cleared by FDA. It is clinically shown to safely and effectively treat facial acne scars for ages 22 and up. With as few as three non-invasive and affordable treatments spaced 30 days apart, you can improve your appearance and step out with confidence.
SkinPen microneedling is used to treat acne scarring, minimize fine lines, reduce the appearance of pore size and stimulate collagen. SkinPen is safe foe all skin types and is not limited to the face, neck and chest it is often used on the torso, thighs and breasts to treat undesirable stretch marks and scars.
How Does Microneedling Work?
SkinPen’s mechanical process is a versatile treatment that’s usable year-round, regardless of skin type. SkinPen creates controlled micro-injuries to stimulate the body’s natural wound-healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
When you arrive for your initial SkinPen treatment, a topical numbing gel is applied to the area for comfort during treatment. Most SkinPen treatments take approximately 30 minutes and recovery time is minimal. Many patients return to work the next day. Typically most patients experience a mild redness (similar to a sunburn) that subsides in 1-2 days. Neocutis post care products are recommended to the patient to ensure patients have safe products to use post treatment. Most patients receive 3 treatments one month apart for optimal results. However, cost varies depending on size and number of areas.
What are the benefits of Skin Pen Medical Microneedling?
* FDA Cleared
* Improves the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles
* Improves skin tone and texture
* Allows for greater penetration of products
* Treatments are non-invasive and no downtime
* Treatments are quick and well tolerated
* Can be used on the face and all areas of the body, including sensitive skin around the eyes and neck
* Great for all skin types
* Improves circulation and collagen production
* It's an affordable option compared to other skin resurfacing procedures
What can I expect during the treatment?
You can expect a relaxing experience in a private room. The procedure will last less than an hour and can easily be accommodated during a lunch break. Your treatment will be led by one of our nurse practitioners or a nurse. This is a medical procedure and is outside of the scope of an aesthetician in the state of Ohio.
What can I expect after the treatment?
* A Mild sunburn appearance
* Modest Swelling
* May resume regular activities immediately, with the exception of exercise or a steam room or sauna
* Post care includes keeping skin moist and using SPF protection
*Make-up may be worn on day 2 following your treatment
* Redness & swelling resolves within 4-5 days